Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Turkey Scouting Checklist

I will be heading to Ohio this Saturday morning if all goes as planned and the weather cooperates. We are going to scout the area we plan on hunting this spring for turkey. I was thinking of all the things I need to take with me and thought that this would be a good thing to create a checklist for. So here is my checklist for turkey scouting.

Turkey Scouting Checklist

Storage:
□ Backpack
□ Fanny Pack
□ Day Pack

Mapping:
□ GPS
□ Maps - Conventional, Topo, Aerial, etc..
□ Pen, Pencil, Sharpener, Paper
□ Compass
□ Extra Batteries, for GPS

Calls:
□ Do Not Take Turkey Calls ( if you do you will be tempted to use
them, click here to find out why)
□ Coyote Howler
□ Owl Hooter
□ Crow Call
□ Woodpecker Call
□ Any Other Locator Call

Clothes:
□ Camo Full Cover (hat, gloves, etc...)
□ Water Proof Boots
□ Extra Clothes and Boots (incase you get wet)

Misc:
□ Binoculars
□ Camera, Photo & Video
□ Bottled Water
□ 2-Way Radios, Extra Batteries
□ Bug Spray
□ Old Onion Bag (incase you find some Morel Mushrooms)



If you think of anything else that I have missed, pass it along and I will add it to the list.

No comments: