Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coyote Tracks!

If you've been reading the blog, you know that I've been after coyotes here in the last month pretty hard. Well this morning, the dogs were out at the back fence barking up a storm. My wife went out to see what the fuss was all about. After a few minutes she came back in carrying on about a fresh set of coyote tracks just across the fence. I had to go out and investigate.
I thought to myself, she doesn't know a coyote track from a rabbit track. I got to the back fence and found fresh rabbit tracks up and down the fence row. But then I noticed another set of tracks about 5 feet out from the fence. Seeing this I had to cross the fence and investigate. Sure enough it was a set of coyote tracks, not fresh this morning, but they were made in the last couple of days. That means I will be back out trying to nail one. I haven't tried to night hunt without a full moon, but with Mike's new Barska scope, I might try it hopefully one night this week.

No comments: