Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mindy's Rossi Gun Review!

As you know I gear my podcast, weblog and website towards getting youth involved in the outdoors and hunting. Well a good friend of mine recently told me that his 11 year old daughter loved to write, and loved to hunt and fish. She recently got a new combo Rossi 20 gauge/.22 caliber gun, and this is HER review of it. By the way this is her layout also. I think she knows more about page layout than I do! I hope you will see more of her writings here on the blog. If anyone has anything interesting, stories, reviews, etc... feel free to email them to me and I might put them on the blog or even on the podcast! Now to Mindy's review!


The Rossi Youth Single-Shot

This gun was really fun to shoot when it was set up with the 22-caliber barrel. I shot it well and it gave no kick. But when my dad put in the 20-gauge barrel, I thought okay… he said it would give a small kick, but he also put on an extra recoil pad. So I then shot it and it hurt, badly! Not only did it give a hard kick, but it also turned my shoulder red! So then my dad shot it and he said “Ow!” Well actually he said something that I can’t repeat. So then he said “Sorry, it’s a light gun, I didn’t know it would give that big of a kick.”

Up Sides About The Rossi Youth Single-Shot
Some up sides about this gun are that it’s fun to shoot and an inexpensive,
easy starter gun for a new shooter.
If you don’t like guns with a kick then,
The Rossi Youth Single-Shot 22-caliber barrel is a gun for you.

Down sides about the
Rossi Youth Single-Shot
Some down sides about this gun are…
When shooting the 20 ga. no matter how thick of a recoil pad you
have, it probably will still give a big kick to your shoulder.
For hunting, it’s just a single-shot.
You can get the same gun in larger size caliber, which would hurt even more!


Why the 20-gauge barrel gave such a kick
It gave such a hard kick because the gun is plastic, so there was nothing to absorb the recoil,
so it went straight to my shoulder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good information.....good to know these things before I get one for my 4 year old!!!!

Anonymous said...

Low recoil 20-gauge shells might help!?